After thirty active years in the industry, I have discovered that being an artist comes with a certain territory that is anathema to most other occupations and careers. This unique territory is singular for each artist and provides its own opportunity for revelations. Certain key elements have surfaced, with hindsight, as major factors in my life and career. These revelations have been enormously beneficial in shaping my artistic world as I look towards the next thirty years.
• there is a romance and reality of life as an artist (and as the partner of an artist)
• artists have an extra sensitivity towards life that is vital to their well being as an artist
• artists must explore alternative incomes to support their career
• the development of an artist’s identity
• the positives and negatives of having a benefactor
• the importance of meditation and a conscious spiritual life.